AUCKLAND CENTRAL MASTERS HARBOUR SWIM SERIES - 2012-2013
Thankyou to everyone who participated, assisted and supported this seasons events.
We were sorry to cancel the Chelsea swim but safety will always be paramount.
The turnout for Rangi was exceptional and we will try and put on better weather next year.
If anyone has thoughts as to how we could improve the events we would value your suggestions.
Geoff Carter - President ACM
Auckland Central Masters Swimming Inc (ACMS) is a not for profit organisation that encourages the widest possible participation in the sport of open water swimming.
We organise a series of harbour swims in Auckland, including the popular Rangitoto to St Heliers swim.
These swims are open to anyone who is up for the challenge.
We also run weekly, pool based, coached training sessions throughout the year.
Take part in an adventure on the Waitemata Harbour and push your personal boundaries!
Welcome to the new season and some new developments which we trust will make your swims a more enjoyable experience.
- This season the swims have been timed to complement other swimming events.You can now use the Orca Herne Bay swim as a warm up for the Paihia Swim and the Chelsea Sugar swim as a warm up for the Harbour Crossing.
- ORCA wetsuits have come on board as a series sponsor this season and will be providing product for spot prizes across the series.
- We have moved to using electronic chip timing this season. This will allow us to get the results out quicker on the day and you will be able to download a certificate to record your achievement. Online entries will close off at midnight on the Thursday before the event to allow for the logistics of timing chip setup. Limited late entries will be available on the day subject to availability of chips. "spare" timing chip numbers will be limited so it is in your interests to enter on line.
- A "series pass" entry is available. All four swims for $110, a saving of $35. Enter on line. This is available up to the close off for event 1.
- 2 for 1 family entry is available for a parent and child under 16 subject to the Organisers being satisfied that both are adequately prepared. Contact - Geoff Carter - email@example.com for an entry form. The "Club" swims associated with the Herne Bay and Chelsea swims (WaiWai shield, Molloy Shield, Osborne Cup and Mazzolini Cup) have been opened up to include all swimmers under 25 who are part of a recognised coached squad from either a swim club affiliated to Auckland Swimming, a Surf Club or a School.
Note that these are handicap events and are for non wetsuit swimmers only. A concession rate is available for these entries which must be submitted by the squad coach on forms that can be obtained from the Organiser. As some of these trophies are handicap events coachess must submit the entrant's PB 400m time for handicapping purposes. Contact Geoff Carter - firstname.lastname@example.org - ph 021 822 578