This is your chance to see how much that old wetsuit has shrunk over the winter
When and where
Date: Sunday, 11th November 2018
Assemble: 9:00 am, Herne Bay Reserve, Herne Bay Rd
Start time: 10:00 am
Tide: 10:50 am
Nominal cutoff time: 1.0 hr
Prize giving: outside Pt Erin Pool, 94 Shelley Beach Road, Herne Bay
From Herne Bay beach (bottom of Herne Bay Reserve) to Masefield Beach (bottom of Curran St) via Watchman s Island. Total distance is approximately 2.2km.
Forms to Download
Download Wai Wai Shield and Molloy Shield information HERE
Download Wai Wai Shield and Molloy Shield Manual Entry Form HERE
A van will be provided to transport swimmers bags from the start to the finish
- For the Herne Bay Swim you must have undertaken appropriate training including time swimming in open water.
- If you are 12 or under 16, you will need to confirm your parent or guardian consent when you enter
- ACM has the right to decline any applicant if there are significant doubts about the entrant’s ability to complete the course
Entry fee and conditions
- The entry fee is $35
- By entering the event entrants acknowledge the terms and conditions of entry.
- Enter the 2.4km Around The Island Swim online using your credit card through our secure server. You will receive confirmation of your entry by return email.
- If you wish to withdraw before the event your registration fee will be refunded only if written notice of your withdrawal is received by the organiser at least one day before the event. an admin fee of $10 will be charged for withdrawal.
- If the race is cancelled because of bad weather please note that your registration fee will not be refunded.
- Online entries close midnight on the Thursday before the race.
- The cost of a late entry on the day is $55.00
Prizes and trophies
There will also be a spot prize draw for all those present at prize giving
Orca Cup and miniatures plus vouches for the Fastest non-wetsuit swimmer male & Female
The following trophies are awarded through the Ponsonby Amateur Swimming and Life Saving Club. Competition for these trophies is open to registered members of recognised swimming clubs, registered surf club swimmers and recognised School groups aged under 25 years. Wetsuit wearers and late entries are not eligible.
- Wai Wai Shield for the fastest male & fastest female club swimmer
- Wai Wai Cup for fastest male & fastest female club swimmer