Sponsored by Chelsea, this is your first real open water swim across the Harbour. Afterwards you can picnic in the grounds of the Chelsea sugar refinery
When and where
Date: Sunday 26 February 2017
Assemble: 6:15 am Pt Erin Park (by the Pool), Herne Bay
Start time: 7:30 am
Tide: 8:09 am
Nominal cutoff time: 1.5 hrs
Prize giving: Chelsea refinery, 60 Colonial Road, Birkenhead
From Masefield Beach (bottom of Curran St) to the Chelsea Sugar Refinery. Total distance is 2.4Km.
From Masefield Beach (bottom of Curran St) to the Chelsea Sugar refinery. Total distance is 2.4km.
A van will be provided to transport swimmers bags from the start to the finish. During prize giving we ask those that give others a lift back to the start line to identify themselves, please make yourself known if you need a lift back.
- For the Chelsea Swim you must have undertaken appropriate training including time swimming in open water.
- If you are aged 16 years or younger we might want to contact you to have your parent or guardian confirm your ability to complete the swim
- ACM has the right to decline any applicant if there are significant doubts about the entrant’s ability to complete the course
Entry fee and conditions
- Click here to Enter
- The entry fee is $45
- By entering the event entrants acknowledge the terms and conditions of entry.
- Enter the 2.4km Chelsea Swim online using your credit card through our secure server. You will receive confirmation of your entry by return email.
- If you wish to withdraw before the event your registration fee will be refunded only if written notice of your withdrawal is received by the organiser at least one day before the event.
- If the race is cancelled because of bad weather please note that your registration fee will not be refunded.
- Online entries close midnight on the Thursday before the race.
- The cost of a late entry on the day is $55.